Friday, February 13, 2015

Weekly Blog Post #1 - Dispersion Effect


Not too long ago, The school of L.C.I hosted an open-house event named "Amazing Inside" to show off the amazing things we do at L.C.I. Luckily, I was able to take part in this event and show the public what a Year 1 "CyberARTist" can do with only knowledge of the first course of CyberARTS. Later in 2014, i've discovered a Photoshopeffect of any style of dispersion. I've always wondered how these effect are made, but it turn out it's the most simplest Photoshop manipulation, and 4-year old can do it!

All this dispersion effect consists of are: custom paint brushes, use of masks, and imagination. I began to quickly select the main subject and save his selection. I duplicated the selection, then shifted the duplicate slightly to the right. I then loaded a custom brush set from downloading it online. In the picture above, i've used a smoke paintbrush. From here, I created a layer mask on both subjects, the duplicated and original. I inverted the duplicate's layer mask to hide it, then began to have fun.

By painting black on the layer mask  of the main subject with the smoke brush, i was able to creatively "smoke" away his face. Now, I painted white on the duplicated subject and gave the illusion of the subject's face being smoked away.

Click here to watch a tutorial on this effect. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Kardryn CyberARTS | Designed With By Blogger Templates | Distributed By Gooyaabi Templates
Scroll To Top